So thinking now of all those skippers and crew busy painting and scrubbing. I too have been scrubbing the bilges -just taken a break because my fingers are frozen!! And remember if you want to book a boat trip out on the water in glorious North Devon - you can find write ups of many different boat trips, ideas and contact details on our boat trips page.The season for boats licensed to carry passengers opens again at the beginning of April.
Jo’s twelve ideas for getting out on a boat in North Devon.
- Catch MS Oldenburg for a ferry trip to Lundy – look out for the first seabirds arriving to breed
- Pretend to be a lobster potter for the day in the Silver Spirit
- Potter gently up the river Torridge in the Cheeky Monkey or the Fender
- Find the highest cliffs in England & old iron ore mines on the Ilfracombe Princess
- Hop on the Appledore & Instow ferry to cross the estuary.
- Dive the wrecks or England’s first marine reserve, off Lundy, with Obsession
- Tour round Clovelly harbour in Neptune
- Ride in the restored lifeboat, Hampshire Rose, out of Ilfracombe
- Attempt sea kayaking and look out for Dave the Dolphin.
- Hit the secret, offshore surf beaks with the catamaran, Hecate
- Explore Lynmouth’s cliffs & gorges from the Balaena
- Swim with seals near Lundy, from the Jessica Hettie.